How does the Temple Trolley help those on the Autism Spectrum?
The Temple Trolley is a free-standing, inclusive piece of sensory playground equipment designed to provide sensory relief to those on the Autism spectrum. While you glide from one end to the other, the unique swivel carriage offers 360° of excitement. What’s more, this “free-spinning” motion can provide relief to those on the Autism spectrum by reducing sensory strain – with laughter as a common side effect!
What else does the Temple Trolley offer?
- Precision track engineered for a smooth experience
- Flexible strap seat with snug yet accommodating fit
- Launch pads on both ends provides easy access to the strap seat
- Inclined track ends help provide rider momentum at either end of the ride
- Available in 34’ or 49’ ride lengths
- Can be installed on level ground with no embankments needed
- Inclusive Made-For-Me seat (optional) is available for full body support
Who is Dr. Temple Grandin?
As a world-renowned Autism advocate, Dr. Temple Grandin is also a noted author and inventor who created this unique track ride with those on the Autism spectrum in mind.
What is her experience with sensory playground equipment?
Inspired by a mechanism her school made from old barn tracks when she was young, Dr. Temple Grandin collaborated with PPS to craft the Temple Trolley. In fact, her “Different…Not Less,” mantra aligned with Play and Park Structures’ mission. So, they partnered with Temple to help scientifically design equipment that catered to the unique needs of our youth.
How can I add a Temple Trolley to my site?
Contact a Recreation Specialist today by calling 1-877-896-8442 or learn more about the Temple Trolley.