Would you like to inspire the human spirit through recreation? Are you passionate about recreation solutions that drive results? We are looking to bolster our team to help park and recreation professionals provide their communities with extraordinary fun like splashpads, playgrounds and more! We love what we do because we’re not a simple vendor, distributor, or product pusher. We measure our success by the success of our customers, offering comprehensive solutions that not only achieve goals but surpass them. Our goal is to maximize the business potential of each customer as we strive to be the premier resource for everything recreation. Simply said, we at Commercial Recreation Specialists are providers of FUN.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CRS is looking to bolster its already successful team in the Midwest with some new, consultative talent. The Nebraska/South Dakota Recreation Specialist will be responsible for finding opportunities to consult organizations in Nebraska and South Dakota on their upcoming park and recreation projects. The Recreation Specialist will work with municipalities (Parks & Rec, Mayors, City Administrators), “specifiers” (Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects), schools, developers, churches, aquatic centers, recreation facilities, and other interested parties to advise, consult, design, sell and install products such as splashpads, playgrounds, shade/shelter structures, site amenities, and more that meet the recreation needs and budget limitations of the organization.
Responsibilities include understanding the clients’ business goals/operations/budgets, estimating project costs, closing deals, and managing accounts.
The position is part of a larger team that includes product specialists, landscape architects, project coordinators, a marketing team, and installers, in addition to our manufacturers’ resources. Key responsibilities and success factors include:
• Professional Sales calls
• Trade Shows (state and national associations)
• Lunch & Learn presentations with specifying companies (engineers and architects and prospects)
• Needs Analyses/Sales Meetings
• Project estimating
• Solutions designing
• Closing deals
• Account and project management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A “hunter” mentality is a requirement.
Candidates must: be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; hold themselves accountable for their growth and success; manage their time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun!
Candidates must also subscribe and exude the core values of:
• Servant Mentality
• Results Oriented
• Fun Expert
• Continual & Experiential Learner
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Previous experience in the recreation market and/or selling to municipalities, resorts, parks, recreation centers and the like.
• Experience with and understanding of construction process, documentation, RFP/bid processes.
• Comfort with mechanicals, electrical, plumbing, concrete, computers.
• College degree (in engineering, construction management, landscape architecture, or related field a plus).
• Experience with CAD design software.
• Physical Activities: Able to meet all physical requirements of routine office work and occasional site work.
• Level of Physical Requirements: Lifting and/or moving objects weighing up to 50lbs.
• Level of Visual Acuity: Viewing of computer screens for high portion work periods during office work.
• Environmental Conditions: Office locations and Sites; Trips to project sites and trade shows.
This job is full-time with the following benefits:
• Health and Dental Insurance
• 401k + company contribution
• Paid Vacation
Will train the right candidate on industry and product offerings.
Regular car travel required with mileage allowance; successful candidate must provide vehicle for this position.
Some overnight travel will be required for trainings, trade shows, and sales.
High School Diploma required.