Commercial Recreation Specialists (CRS) is adding a Installation Technician to our team.
The Installation Technician will be responsible for assisting an Construction Manager or Construction Foreman on quality, successful installations of CRS’s projects. The Installation Technician will work with CRS’s Recreation Specialists and Project Coordinators as well as with municipalities, specifiers (Engineers and Landscape Architects), General Contractors, Subcontractors, and more depending on the type of project.
Responsibilities include installation of piping, mechanicals, minor electrical/controller setup, recreation equipment and features, light concrete work, and may include helping with estimating, advising sales team, procuring quotes, project management, contractor management, and more.
The Installation Technician will likely use the Verona, WI office as their home office and be eligible for projects in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and beyond as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Success Factors Include:
- Install Splashpads, playgrounds, shades, and other products
- Service Splashpads that need maintenance or have maintenance contracts
- Conduct quantity takeoffs for projects and order the necessary items for assigned projects
- Ensure timely completion of “Punch List” and warranty work to meet customers commitments
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and effective manner
Required Education, Background & Skills:
- Good work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to be a part of a team and take direction from site superintendent
- Trade school, or equivalent experience in field
- Construction study and training
- Experience in field operations
- Experience in underground plumbing
- Knowledge and ability to read and understand site plans, engineer drawings, blueprints, maps, and diagrams
- Intermediate level skills with business and productivity software (Email, Word Processing, Spread Sheets, etc.) essential to conduct of general business tasks.
- Detail and proactive approach to timely completion of all commitments
- Ability to understand underground piping installation
- High capacity for successful self-direction, ability to recognize keys needed to achieving personal success and executing appropriate plan to do so
- Certified Pool Operator and/or Certified Playground Safety Inspector a plus
- Physical Activities: Able to meet all physical requirements of field construction and routine office work
- Level of Physical Requirements: Lifting and/or moving objects weighing up to 80lbs
- Level of Visual Acuity: Viewing of computer screens for high portion work periods during office work.
- Environmental Conditions: Office locations and Sites; Trips to project sites and trade shows.
This position will require overnights and weekend travel to various jobs and customer work sites, particularly during the construction season.
Full-Time with Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k + company contribution
- Paid Vacation
- Training/Certifications (Certified Vortex Installer, CPO, CPSI, etc)