Role and Responsibilities
CRS is looking to bolster its already successful team with a highly organized, driven Installation Foreman for its Project Channel in the Midwest. As the Installation Foreman, you are dedicated to ensuring quality, successful installations of CRS projects such as Splashpads, Playgrounds, Adventure-Style Mini Golf Courses and more. You will work with CRS’ Recreation Specialists and Project Coordinators as well as with municipalities, specifiers (Engineers and Landscape Architects), General Contractors, and Subcontractors from initial bid through the breaking ground process. You will work out of the Verona, WI office and complete projects in Wisconsin as well as the upper Midwest, with an occasional national project.
You must be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; hold yourself accountable for their growth and success; manage your time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun! The rest can be learned and/or trained.
Key responsibilities and success factors include:
- Manage labor, subcontractors, vendors, and products in a given territory to ensure successful project installations like Splashpads, Elevations, Playgrounds, Shade structure, and other solutions
- Service Splashpad maintenance needs and maintenance contracts
- Ensure timely completion of “Punch List” and warranty work to meet customer commitments
- Assist with proposals and installation quotes
- Assist with project estimations
- Conduct quantity takeoffs for projects and order the necessary items for assigned projects
- Help with basic plumbing, mechanics, minor electrical/controller setup, and excavation for footings
Required Education, Background & Skills:
- Construction experience such as a foreman or working supervisor
- Ability to read and understand site plans, engineered drawings, blueprints, maps, and diagrams
- Intermediate level skills with business and productivity software (Email, Word Processing, Spread Sheets, etc.) essential to conduct of general business tasks.
- Project Management or Construction Management study and training
- College degree, trade school, or equivalent experience in field
- Knowledge of commercial, institutional, and governmental procurement process and imbedded decision making and control processes
- Experience in underground plumbing
- Detail and proactive approach to timely completion of all commitments
- Ability to understand underground piping installation
- Ability to recognize keys needed to achieving personal success and executing appropriate plan to do so
- Certified Pool Operator and/or Certified Playground Safety Inspector a plus
- Physical Activities: Able to meet all physical requirements of field construction and routine office work
- Level of Physical Requirements: Lift and/or move objects weighing up to 80lbs
- Level of Visual Acuity: Monitor computer screens for high-portion office work periods
- Environmental Conditions: Office locations and trips to project sites and tradeshows
This position will require overnight and weekend travel to various jobs and customer work sites, particularly during the construction season.
This job is full-time with the following benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k + company contribution
- Paid Vacation
- Training & Certifications