CRS is looking to bolster its already successful team with a highly organized, driven Crew Lead (CL) for its land-based Project Channel in the Midwest. As the CL, you are dedicated to ensuring high quality, successful installations of CRS projects such as Splashpads, Playgrounds, Adventure-Style Mini Golf Courses and more. You will work on the guidance of the Field Superintendent and be responsible for the productivity of the crew members assigned to you. You will work out of the Verona, WI office, or from one of our satellite locations and complete projects in Wisconsin as well as the upper Midwest, with an occasional national project.
You must be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; hold yourself accountable for their growth and success; manage your time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun! The rest can be learned and/or trained.
To be successful as a CL, you should be a problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of installers, You should have a basic understanding of standard construction practices, to include some knowledge of low-voltage electrical, plumbing, concrete work and excavation. Owning problems and the success of the assigned project through the efficient guidance of crew members is ultimately the CL’s responsibility.
Crew Lead Responsibilities Include:
- all preparatory work by others is complete
- all required safe dig calls have been made and they’re still in effect
- the customer is expecting the crew
- required rental equipment is ready and waiting
- the crew has a hardcopy 11 x 17 set of all applicable build plans. Civil CDs, installation drawings, P&E, etc.
- Being the primary contact for customer while leading internal crews
- Executing quality and ensuring all project information is captured in the CRS quality tool
- Assisting in the hiring of installation personnel
Required Education and Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of field supervision experience preferably in the recreational environment
- High School Diploma or GED — required
- AA/AS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a similar field is desired
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field a plus
- Proven ability to multitask under pressure and prioritize urgent situations
- Recognized internship beneficial
- Working knowledge of MS Suite of software (Word, Excel and Teams)
- Voluntary certification is beneficial
- Broad understanding of standard construction practices a plus
- Possesses a valid Driver’s License, good driving history, dependable transportation and can pass background check – required
- Possession of an OSHA 30 certification is highly desirable
- This position will require overnight and weekend travel to various jobs and customer work sites, particularly during the construction season.
This job is full-time with the following benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k + company contribution
- Paid Vacation
- Training & Certifications