CRS is looking to bolster its already successful team with a highly organized, driven Field Based Construction Foreman (CF) for its Project Channel in the Midwest. As the CF you are dedicated to ensuring quality, successful installations of CRS projects such as Splashpads, Playgrounds, Adventure-Style Mini Golf Courses and more. You will work with CRS’ Recreation Specialists as well as with municipalities, specifiers (Engineers and Landscape Architects), General Contractors, and Subcontractors from initial bid through the breaking ground process. You will work in the Des Moines Iowa region and complete projects in Iowa as well as the upper Midwest, with an occasional national project.
You must be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; hold yourself accountable for their growth and success; manage your time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun! The rest can be learned and/or trained.
The CF can expect to work with teams of 2 to 3 and with budgets that constantly shift and change. Working with local, state, and federal codes and laws, and liaising with developers, clients, workers, and inspectors is all part of an ordinary day’s work. They should have a firm grasp of electrical, plumbing, excavation and concrete work, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a steadfast approach to cost management.
To be successful as a CF you should be problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of workers and subcontractors, a basic understanding of project management software, and respect for modern standard Oversees and successfully manages projects independently remotely and onsite, as needed, only asking questions as new challenges emerge. Efficiently run multiple projects ($1M total contract value) through the course of the build season with 3 to 4 subcontractors per project. Owning problems and the success of a project is ultimately the CF’s responsibility.
• Assisting as needed in the bidding of jobs and creating estimates for job costs.
• File & submit for required permits if requested by CM.
• Participate in drawing review and approvals.
• Set up rental equipment as needed.
• Manage budgeted costs.
• Communicating with clients, subcontractors, designers, and engineers.
• Be primary on scene contact for customer management – after sales handoff.
• Execute quality through the use of QA tools.
• Reporting on progress and challenges.
• Provide turnover/closeout packages as required.
• Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.
Required Education and Experience:
• 1 to 3 years of construction experience preferably in the recreational environment
• High School Diploma or GED — required.
• Associates degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field a plus.
• Proven ability to multitask under pressure and prioritize urgent situations.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite of software (Word, Excel and Teams).
• Broad understanding of standard construction practices a plus.
• Possesses a valid Driver’s License, good driving history, dependable transportation and can pass background check – required.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
• Physical Activities: Able to meet all physical requirements of field construction and routine.
• Level of Physical Requirements: Lift and/or move objects weighing up to 80lbs.
• This position will require long stints on the road and some weekend travel to various jobs and customer work sites, particularly during the construction season.
This job is full-time with the following benefits:
• Health and Dental Insurance
• 401k + company contribution
• Paid Vacation
• Training & Certifications