Role and Responsibilities
CRS is looking to bolster its already successful team with fresh, new talent. As the National Business Development Specialist, you have a “hunter” mentality and thrive off developing new client connections and growing our existing relationships with national accounts and multiple location accounts. You will be an essential part of larger design and project opportunities for all divisions of CRS and will be responsible for understanding the clients’ business, estimating project costs, closing deals, and following up.
You will work closely with the President, Vice Presidents, Design Studio, engineers, sub-consultants, Project Coordinators, and Recreation Specialists to serve clients in the following segments: municipal government, campground and RV resorts, summer camps, and resorts around the US. You will have opportunities to attend regular national trade shows, and will handle incoming and outbound sales calls, work with the Design Studio by CRS, and manage relationships. You will strategically work with CRS’ team of Recreation Specialists and installers who advise, design, sell, and install products such as splashpads, aquatic structures, inflatable Aqua Parks, playgrounds, shade/shelter structures, and other recreation and site amenities that meet our clients’ recreation needs and budget.
Key responsibilities and success factors include:
- Ability to understand businesses, goals, and strategies
- Project estimating & proposal writing
- Tailoring recreation solutions to meet clients’ goals
- Sales calls
- Trade Shows (local, regional, and national associations)
- Presentations at trade shows with specifying companies (engineers, architects, and prospects)
- Needs Analyses/Sales Meetings
- Account and light project management
- Understanding recreation, the camping industry, and/or outdoor hospitality
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
You must be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; hold yourself accountable for your growth and success; manage your time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun! Additionally:
- Previous successful sales and/or business experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to use systems, follow processes, and stay organized
- Familiarity with the camping and RV park, resort, and attractions industry
- Presentation experience
- Understanding of the permitting and construction process
- Experience with resorts in various areas of the US and climates
- Experience with and understanding of construction process, documentation, RFP/bid processes.
- Comfort with mechanicals, electrical, plumbing, concrete, requirements for RV sites.
- College degree (in a related field a plus)
- Experience reading construction documents and plans
Regular travel required by car and plane; successful candidate must provide vehicle for this position (mileage reimbursement offered). Overnight travel will be required for site visits, trainings, trade shows, presentations, and sales.
Full-Time with Benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
401k + company contribution