Commercial Recreation Specialists (CRS) is looking to bolster its already successful team in New Jersey with some new, consultative talent. The NJ Recreation Specialist will be responsible for finding opportunities to consult organizations in New Jersey on their upcoming parks and recreation projects.
The Recreation Specialist will work with municipalities (parks and recreation departments, mayors, city administrators, etc.), specifiers (engineers and landscape architects), aquatic centers, recreation facilities, and other interested parties to advise, consult, design, sell and install products such as splashpads, playgrounds, shade and shelter structures, site amenities and more that meet the recreation needs and budget limitations.
The position is part of a larger team that includes recreation specialists, landscape architects, project coordinators, a marketing team, and installers, in addition to our manufacturers’ resources. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a person of high character, integrity and honesty
- Have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team
- Be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn
- Have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client
- Hold themselves accountable for their growth and success
- Manage their time effectively
- Exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Be serious about fun!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales calls
- Trade shows (New Jersey and national associations)
- Lunch and learn presentations with specifying companies (engineers, architects, prospects)
- Needs analysis and sales meetings
- Project estimating
- Solutions designing
- Closing deals
- Account and project management
Required Education, Background & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Ability to use MS Office, create PowerPoint presentations, and work with CRM software
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Demonstrated follow-through
- Effective communicator with the capacity to collaborate with others and be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
Desired Qualities and Preferred Skills:
- 4-year college degree in engineering, mathematics, construction management, or related field
- Previous experience in the recreation market and/or selling to municipalities, resorts, parks, recreation centers, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of construction process, documentations, RFP/bid processes
- Comfort with mechanicals, electrical, plumbing, concrete and computers
- Experience with CAD design software
- Occasional lifting or moving inventory weighing 25 lbs. or more
- Level of Visual Acuity: Viewing of computer screens for high portion work periods during office work
- Environmental Conditions: Office locations, indoor and outdoor work sites; Trips to project sites and trade shows.
- This position will require overnights and weekend travel for training, trade shows, projects and sales meetings.
- Regular car travel is required with mileage allowance; successful candidate must provide vehicle for this position
This job is full time with the following benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k + company contribution
- Paid Vacation