Calling All FunMakers… Ask any member of our team, they will tell you working at CRS is a dream job (then again, we may be a bit biased). We love what we do because we’re not a simple design firm, vendor, distributor, or product pusher. We measure our success by the success of our customers, offering recreation solutions that not just achieve goals, but surpass them. Simply said, we at Commercial Recreation Specialists are providers of FUN. What could be a better job than that?
If you think you have what it takes to become a CRS FunMaker, we’re always looking for people who want to join the fun. Current openings are listed below. We encourage you to get in touch — new opportunities are always right around the corner!
Role and Responsibilities
CRS is looking to bolster its team with some new talent.
The Landscape Architect / Designer will work under the supervision of the Design Studio manager on a wide range of outdoor recreation projects in Wisconsin and nationally. We work in many recreation segments including: playgrounds and splashpads for municipal parks, public and private waterfronts, mini-golf courses and RV campground design. We strive to provide a unique design solution for every project that meets the needs of the client. Responsibilities of this position will grow with the candidate with an expectation of fully managing each project and consultants within the design team.
Key responsibilities and success factors include:
- Drawings: Conceptual Diagrams, Master Plans, Construction Documents, 3D Models, Animations
- Client Relationships: Work with internal and external clients to assess their project needs and provide creative solutions
- Effectively communicate project goals and solutions
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A “servanthood” mentality is a requirement.
Candidates must: be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; be highly organized with the coordination of multiple, concurrent projects; hold themselves accountable for their growth and success; manage their time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun!
High School Diploma required.
- Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture or Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Proficiency in Sketchup
- Ability to take initiative
- Collaborative & team-focused
- Project professionalism in representing the organization, internally and externally
- Open to coaching and able to take direction
- Proficiency in Civil 3D
- Proficiency in Lumion
- Very strong attention to detail
- Multi-task, prioritize deadlines
- Strong follow-through
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Act as a critical thinker and innovator
- Ability to project genuine enthusiasm
Will train the right candidate on industry and product offerings.
Infrequent overnight travel may be required for trainings, trade shows, and projects.
- Physical activities: keyboarding, grasping, talking, hearing, lifting 50+ lbs, sitting, standing, walking and seeing
- Level of visual acuity: frequent viewing of computer screens
- Environmental conditions: office environment