At Commercial Recreation Specialists (CRS), we love what we do because we’re not a simple vendor, distributor, or product pusher. We measure our success by the success of our customers, offering complete solutions that go above and beyond. Our goal is to maximize the potential of each customer as we strive to be the premier resource for everything recreation. Simply said, we provide FUN. What could be a better job than that?
Role and Responsibilities
CRS is adding a working Construction Superintendent to its team. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring quality, successful installations of CRS’s projects. The Project Manager/Installer will work with our Recreation Specialists and Project Coordinators as well as with municipalities, specifiers (Engineers and Landscape Architects), General Contractors, Subcontractors, and more depending on the project.
Responsibilities may include helping with estimating, advising sales team, procuring subcontractor quotes, project management, contractor management, hiring/managing additional labor, basic plumbing, mechanicals, minor electrical/controller setup, installation of equipment, and more.
The Superintendent will work remotely, serving mainly the Minnesota and Iowa markets, with additional work in Wisconsin, Nebraska, the Dakotas, and beyond as necessary. Candidates should be located in this geographic area.
Candidates must: be a person of high character, integrity, and honesty; have the ability and willingness to be a part of a team; be insatiably curious and have the capacity to learn; have a tremendous work ethic with the willingness to do whatever it takes to serve the client; hold themselves accountable for their growth and success; manage their time effectively; exhibit exemplary communication in person, on the phone, and in writing; and be serious about fun! The rest can be learned and/or trained.
Key responsibilities and success factors include:
- Manage labor, subcontractors, vendors, and products for successful Splashpads, Elevations, Playgrounds, Shade, Shelters, Site Amenities, etc. installations
- Install Splashpads, playgrounds, and other products while managing a team of employees and subcontractors
- Service splashpads that need maintenance or have maintenance contracts
- Assist sales team in proposals and quotes for splashpads installations
- Assist sales team with estimation for projects
- Conduct quantity takeoffs for projects and order the necessary items for assigned projects
- Ensure timely completion of “Punch List” and warranty work to meet customers commitments
- Assist in off-peak business development activities included, but not limited to, attending trade shows, development and execution of territory and regional marketing initiatives, etc.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and effective manner
Required Education, Background & Skills:
- Project Management or Construction Management study and training
- Experience in field operations
- Knowledge and ability to read and understand site plans, engineer drawings, blueprints, maps, and diagrams
- Knowledge of commercial, institutional, and governmental procurement process and imbedded decision making and control processes
- Intermediate level skills with business and productivity software (Email, Word Processing, Spread Sheets, etc.) essential to conduct of general business tasks.
- College degree, trade school, or equivalent experience in field
- Detail and proactive approach to timely completion of all commitments
- Experience with and/or Ability to understand underground piping installation
- High capacity for successful self-direction, ability to recognize keys needed to achieving personal success and executing appropriate plan to do so
- Certified Pool Operator and/or Certified Playground Safety Inspector a plus
- Physical Activities: Able to meet all physical requirements of field construction and routine office work
- Level of Physical Requirements: Lifting and/or moving objects weighing up to 80lbs
- Level of Visual Acuity: Viewing of computer screens for high portion work periods during office work.
- Environmental Conditions: Office locations and Sites; Trips to project sites and trade shows.
This position will require overnights and weekend travel to various jobs and customer work sites, particularly during the construction season.
This job is full time with the following benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k + company contribution
- Paid Vacation
Training/Certifications (Certified Vortex Installer, CPO, CPSI, etc)