Seasonal maintenance of your waterfront inflatables will help you avoid unnecessary repairs and significantly extend the life of your investment.
CRS Waterfront Services
Did you know that CRS now offers full cleaning and repair services for all waterfront inflatables? Call your CRS Waterfront Specialist today at 877-896-8442. We can help you:
- Order the appropriate parts to ensure availability for next season
- Work through the repair process
- Determine if you can repair on your own OR if you should send to CRS for professional repair
Our comprehensive off-season prep process will save you the time and hassle of doing it yourself. It also offers peace of mind knowing that your waterfront inflatables have been professionally restored and will be ready to use next season—no surprises! Once you send or deliver your products to CRS, we will:
- Perform a thorough intake inspection
- Provide you with the intake inspection report and CRS recommendations
- Clean all products with professional-grade cleaning supplies
- Repair products if necessary (with owner authorization)
- Apply 303 Protectant to help moisturize for winter prep and protect from the next season’s sun exposure
- Fold and wrap inflatables
- Return cleaned and/or repaired inflatables to owner along with a summary report of the inspection and repairs performed (if applicable)
Should you wish to winterize your own inflatables, we can help with that too! Follow our guidelines below and be sure to contact us with any questions.
- Remove inflatables from the water and place on a clean surface, such as a tarp or clean plastic sheet. Make sure the area underneath is free of sticks, rocks or any other sharp objects
- NEVER drag your inflatable over a rough surface. It will create holes and leaks, especially where it folds.
- Using a hose and a scrub brush, wash inflatables with soapy water and sufficient elbow grease to remove dirt, sand and other small particles.
- If considering using high pressure cleaning equipment such as a pressure washer, use extreme caution as improper use can cause irreparable damage. Call your CRS product specialist for tips on safe cleaning.
- Rinse the inflatable with fresh, clean water and allow to air dry completely.
- Apply 303 Protectant to help restore and maintain a like-new appearance and to keep the vinyl supple.
- Apply 303 Protectant to all sides of the inflatable and allow to air dry completely before storage.
Identifying Repair Needs
- Check for any damaged areas or leaks that need repair by spraying soapy water along the seams, joints, body and valves of the product.
- Don’t forget to take pictures! Your CRS product specialist will be able to help you identify any damages and provide tips on proper repair techniques.
- Check for small bubbles that will accumulate on the surface where air is leaking through. Use colored chalk or a grease pencil to mark areas that need repair or patching.
- Inspect all handles, anchor and connector plates, valves and other parts for damage.
- Deflate the product using reverse mode of an electric pump, ensuring that all air is removed. Make sure to close and cap the valve after deflating.
- Fold the inflatable and wrap in the original carrying bag or a protective cover, such as a tarp and secure tightly with rope or straps.
- Store the product out of direct sunlight and protected from the environment in a clean, dry place.
- It is best to store it inside a container with bait blocks or moth balls to prevent rodent damage.
- NEVER store in a damp location, directly on concrete, at temperatures below 40°F (5°C), or in an area with broad temperature fluctuations.
- We recommend storing your inflatables in a place where they will not need to be moved until next season. For questions and additional information on proper storage techniques, call your CRS product specialist today!